Friday, March 23, 2012

I've decided .. to sing!

Chatting with some online friends, and making new friends in the process, has encouraged me to pursue my ambitions with singing.  I've always wanted to have excellent lessons, but I am without a teacher in these parts.  So, I'm going to have a go at readying myself for my next exam.

It's a little more serious now, as I'm trying for grade 5 AMEB.  My syllabus finally arrived from my order, along with the new technical book.

I'll probably be needing help with some German pronunciation, but I found that another mum at the dance school is a German language teacher.  She's agreed to help me where possible, and if she can't, then she knows of a gentleman about 40 minutes away who would happily tutor me for a short spell.  He used to sing opera!

A library nearby has also been found to have cds .. and I've been able to look up the specific songs on their catalogue.  So, I'll also have an audio reference to help me along.

Accompanist?  Yes, we already have one for Maestro's violin exams, so I'll be asking him to help me out.

So, the pieces of the puzzle are coming together.  Where there's a will, there's a way, isn't there?

This will also show my music students that I'll be pushing myself through some paces, just as I push them.  Two of my students will be sitting their piano exams in April/May, and my older singing student is aiming to do her exam in June/July.  I'm setting my goal for later this year, as I still have a lot of work to do!

Feeling rather excited, but also quite nervous about all of this.  Let's see how I go.  :)

Thank you for dropping by!



8 comments:

Chareen said...

Way to go Catherine. Looking forward to hearing your progress :)

PS As a side note I would love for your thoughts on Nature Journaling and joining me for A Charlotte Mason Companion Blog Hop starting on 2 April.

Blessing to you on this adventure.

Ganeida said...

Yay for you!!!! And there's stuff on~line too. Some of it is helpful ~ other stuff not so but I reckon you're savvy enough to sift out the dross. Woot! Woot!

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

Thank you for the encouragement, Ganeida.
I found a few You-Tube examples .. some of those singers are so very serious!

Ruby said...

Good for you, Catherine! I am always amazed at the marvelous talent that people have which sometimes you don't realise at first. Yours is one of those special ones which can be shared and passed on to others. Hope all goes well for the exam.

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

Thank you for your kind words, Ruby. :)

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

Thank you Chareen.
I've just dropped by your blog. What a great idea for a blog hop. ;)

Ann in Paradise said...

If you would like some Skype help I am always willing!!! Sorry this is a little late I only got back from Hong Kong yesterday!
Ann

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

Oh Ann, that's sweet of you. I'll let you know how I'm getting on. :)